Positions & responsabilities
Armand BABOLI is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering of INSA Lyon (National Institute of Applied Sciences) at University of Lyon, France. He received his Habilitation to Supervise Research (HDR), defended in 2013 at INSA de Lyon – University of Lyon 1. He received also his B. Sc. degrees in Industrial Engineering in 1988 from Iranian University of Science and Technology in Tehran, Iran (Elm-o-Sanat Iran). After 4 years of industrial experiences in facility design and organisation, he joined Grenoble Institute of Technology (Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble) in France and received his M. Sc. (DEA) and Ph. D. degrees both in Industrial Engineering, respectively in 1993 and 1999. Since 1998, he has joined INSA Lyon and LIESP Laboratory (Laboratory of Information Technology for Enterprise and Production System), became DISP Laboratory (Decision and Information for Production System).
His current researches focus on organization, management and coordination of the external corporate networks and supply chain (SC) and also internal company (facilities design and planning) under uncertainty. On the one hand, he is interested on organization of distribution networks, location allocation problem, aggregate production and distribution planning as well as the joint optimization of transportation, storage and production of products within different levels of the supply chain as well as inventory management and warehouse organization for perishable items. On the other hand, he studies the value information sharing and the impact related to the sharing of various information such as customer demand and suppliers leadtime on coordination, management and performance of supply chain. The objective is to design the coordination mechanism by contract to a better organization of supply chain in decentralized decision context. Finally, concerning the internal company, his research work involves the facility design and Planning in manufacturing and/or services production system and more specifically, on dynamic cellular manufacturing system and intelligent manufacturing system with mobile robots. The main objective is to design a flexible, agile and dynamic reconfigurable production system. The main objective of his work is firstly, taking into account several kind of uncertainties and then to model these issues mathematically. New methods have been developed for solving of these problems by mono-or multi-criteria, mono or multi-objective and simulation approaches and provide some tools to help decision makers. As applications, food, pharmaceutical, fashion and high tech products for perishable and obsolescence items and automobile supply chains for non-obsolescence items are used and allowed to the validation of proposed models. Keys words: SC design and organization, joint optimization under uncertainty, location allocation problem, production and distribution planning, replenishment policies, perishable and obsolescence items.
Z. Sazvar, S. M. J. Mirzapour Al-E-Hashem, A. Baboli, M. R. Akbari Jokar, " A bi-objective stochastic programming model for a centralized green supply chain with deteriorating products " International Journal of Production Economics, (2014) 150: 140–154, IF 2,081
Y. Pezeshki, A. Baboli, N. Cheikhrouhou, M. Modarres, M. R. Akbari Jokar (2013) “A rewarding-punishing coordination mechanism based on Trust in a divergent supply chain” European Journal of Operational Research (ISI), 230 (2013) 527–538, IF 2,038
A. Ghodratnama, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, A. Baboli, (2013) “Comparing three proposed meta-heuristics to solve a new p-hub location-allocation problem” International Journal of Engineering, Transactions C: Aspects (Scopus), -, (2013) 26 - 9, 787-797
S.M.J. Mirzapour Al-e-hashem, A. Baboli, Z. Sazvar , (2013), “A stochastic aggregate production planning model in a green supply chain: considering flexible lead times, nonlinear purchase and shortage cost functions”, European Journal of Operational Research (ISI), 230 (2013) 26–41, IF 2,038
Y. Pezeshki, M. R. Akbari Jokar, A. Baboli, J.P. Campagne, (2013) “Coordination mechanism for capacity reservation by considering production time, production rate and order quantity”, Applied Mathematical Modelling, (ISI), 37 (2013) 8796–8812, IF 1,706
M. Amiri-Aref, N. Javadian, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, A. Baboli, (2013) “A new mathematical model for Weber location problem with a probabilistic polyhedral barrier”, International Journal of Production Research (ISI), DOI:10.1080/00207543.2013.796422, IF 1,460
Z. Sazvar, M. R. Akbari Jokar A. Baboli, (2013) "A new order splitting model with stochastic lead times for deterioration items" International Journal of Systems Science (ISI), DOI:10.1080/00207721.2012.759301, , IF 1,305
M. Amiri-Aref,; N. Javadian,; R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, A. Baboli , S. Shiripour, (2013) "The Center Location-Dependent Relocation Problem with a Probabilistic Line Barrier " Applied Soft Computing (ISI), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2013.01.022, IF 2,140
Y. Pezeshki, A. Baboli, M. R. Akbari Jokar (2013) " Simultaneous coordination of capacity building and price decisions in a decentralized supply chain " International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ISI), (2013) 64:961–976, IF 1,205.
Z. Sazvara, A. Baboli, M. R. Akbari Jokar (2013) " A replenishment policy for perishable products with non-linear holding cost under stochastic supply lead time " International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ISI), (2013) 64:1087–1098, IF 1,205.
R. Kia, A. Baboli, N. Javadian, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, M. Kazemi, J. Khorrami (2012) “Solving a group layout design model of a dynamic cellular manufacturing system with alternative process routings, lot splitting and flexible reconfiguration by simulated annealing”, Computers & Operations Researchin (ISI), 39 (2012) 2642–2658, IF 1,909.
B. Vahdani, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, M. Modarres, A. Baboli, (2012) “Reliable design of a forward/reverse logistics network under uncertainty: A robust-M/M/c queuing model” Transportation Research Part E (ISI) 48 (2012) 1152–1168, IF 2,272
B. Vahdani, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, F. Jolai & A. Baboli, (2012) “Reliable design of a closed loop supply chain network under uncertainty: An interval fuzzy possibilistic chance-constrained model” Engineering Optimization (ISI), Vol. 45, No. 6, 745–765, IF 0,962
S. M. J. Mirzapour Al-e-hashem, A. Baboli, S. J. Sadjadi, and M.B. Aryanezhad, (2011) “A multi-objective stochastic production-distribution planning problem in an uncertain supply chain considering risk and workers productivity” Mathematical Problems in Engineering (ISI), Volume 2011, Article ID 406398, 14 pages, doi:10.1155/2011/406398, IF 1,383.
A. Baboli, J. Fondrevelle, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Ali Mehrabi (2011) "A replenishment policy based on joint optimization in a downstream pharmaceutical supply chain: Centralized vs. decentralized replenishment" International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ISI), (2011) 57, pages 57:367–378, IF 1,205.
F.Khaksar-Haghani, R. Kia, N. Javadian, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, A. Baboli (2011) “A comprehensive mathematical model for the design of a dynamic cellular manufacturing system integrated with production planning and several manufacturing attributes” International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Research, 22(3), , pp 195-207.
T. Moyaux & A. Baboli, (2010) “Statistical distribution of the savings induced by sharing demand information in a two-company Beer Game”, Production Planning and Control (ISI), pages 628–639, IF 0,600
A. Ghodratnama, M. Rabbani R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, A. Baboli (2010) “Solving a single-machine scheduling problem with maintenance, job deterioration and learning effect by simulated annealing”, Journal of Manufacturing Systems (ISI), 29, , pages 1–9, IF 1,070
R. Haji, M. Pirayesh Neghab & A. Baboli, (2009) “Introducing a new ordering policy in a two-echelon inventory system with Poisson demand”, International Journal of Production Economics (ISI), 117(1):212-218, IF 2,081.
A. Baboli, M. Pirayesh Neghab M. & R. Haji, (2008) “An algorithm for the determination of the Economic Order Quantity in a Two-Level Supply Chain with Transportation Costs: comparison of decentralized with centralized decision”, Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering (ISI), 17(3), pages 353-366, IF 0,632
supervision of PhD students:
PhD thesis defended
- 2002-2006 Co-supervision with Professor A. Guinet the PhD thesis of Taher Hassan « Hospital Logistics: organization of the downstream pharmaceutical supply chain and optimization drug and medical devices flows» defended on February 2006
- 2005-2008 Co-supervision with Professor J.P. Campagne the PhD thesis of Ali mehrabi « Impacts of information sharing and several collaboration models on the performance of supply chain management », defended on September 2008
- 2007-2011 Co-supervision with Professor J.P. Campagne the PhD thesis of Khaled Bahloul «Joint Optimization of transportation and storage in a multi echelon multi products supply chain, with probabilistic demand», defended on April 2011
- 2010-2013 Co-supervision (Cotutelle) (with Professor J.P. Campagne and Professeur Mohammad Reza Akbari Jokar from Sharif University of Technology, Department of Industrial Engineering Tehran, Iran) the PhD thesis of Yahya Pezeshki « Coordination mechanisms in supply chain by contracts » defended on April 2013
- Sept. 2010- Co-supervision (Cotutelle) (with Professor J.P. Campagne and Professeur Mohammad Reza Akbari Jokar from Sharif University of Technology, Department of Industrial Engineering Tehran, Iran) the PhD thesis of Zeinab Sazvar « Supply chain management for perishable items by taking into account the criteria and constraints of sustainable development » defended May 2013
Co-supervisor of PhD thesis defended
- 2009-2012 Ali Ghodratnama with Professor Reza Tavakkoli Moghadam (Department of Industrial Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran), «Mathematical modeling and resolution method for hub location problem with the multi-purpose multi-objective allocation in fuzzy environment», defended on October 2012
- 2010- 2011 Seyed Mohammad Javad Mirzapour AL E Hashem with Professor Mir Bahadorgholi Aryanezhad (Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology), «stochastical approach for multi-objective aggregate production planning in supply chain », defended on July 2011
- 2006- 2008 Mohammadali Pirayesh Neghab with Professor Rasoul Haji (Sharif University of Technology, Department of Industrial Engineering Tehran, Iran), «Inventory control and distribution management in supply chain with stochastic parameter», defended on September 2008
Current PhD thesis
- Sept. 2012- Co-supervision (with Professor V. Botta Genoulaz) the PhD thesis of Farzad Niakan « A new method for the design and evaluation of a sustainable production system », defense planned for Octobre 2015
Current Joint supervision of PhD thesis (cotutelle)
- Sept. 2008- Co-supervision (with Professor J.P. Campagne and Zied Bahroun from Institut Supérieur de Gestion de Tunis) the PhD thesis of Mansour Rached « value of information sharing and its impact on overall system performance in a multi-level multi-product supply chain », defense planned on December 2013
- Scientific responsible of professional Master on “industrial system management” between INSA Lyon and HESTIM, Casablanca-Morocco
- Team leader of Organization, Coordination, Control, (January 2012-April 2013)
- Senior Member of Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Technical committee member of The International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) for Manufacturing and Logistics Systems, Manufacturing Plant Control
- Member of research committee of Industrial Engineering department,
He teaches principally on supply chain design and management, manufacturing system design, enterprise resource planning (ERP), scheduling, operation management,...and he teaches for B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD. Students in Industrial Engineering Department and Mechanical Engineering Department of INSA de Lyon (National Institute of Applied Sciences - Lyon) and University of Lyon.
Keywords : Supply Chain Design and Organization under uncertainty, Supply Chain Management for perishable items, Value of Information Sharing and coordination by contract in Supply Chain, Facility Layout Design and Planning, Configuration of Intelligent Manufacturing System Warehouse Design and Organisation.